The latest iMac (2004) is the thinest All-in-one Macintosh ever produced by Apple.
This is also the fastest iMac ever produced by Apple since the its introduction in 1998; when Apple brought the world the candy colours Macintosh. Then it shock the world with the half-moon 360° movable LCD screen iMac. Apple later speed bumped the processor and up the size of the iMac screen to an unbelievable; for this class of computer, 20" LCD.
Now, September 2004, Apple introduced a LCD panel with the computer built-in and a lightning speed PowerPC G5 processor that was previously only available in Apple's top of the line desktop computers.
Aside from its quick IBM's G5 processor, it also comes with 2 different LCD sizes (17" and 20" ) to choose from plus a full collection of connection ports (USB, Firewire [a.k.a. iLink, IEEE 1394]) you ever want.
- • All systems come with 256MB of RAM with a maximum of 2GB occupying 2 SIMM slots;
- • A choice of either a slot loading Combo (DVD-ROM/CD-RW) or Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW);
- • A NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra with 64MB, which is good enough for most graphic needs;
- • An optical audio out so you can view your DVDs with true 5.1 Surround sound;
- • Optional Bluetooth and WiFi built-in wireless connections.
With all this power and options starting at HKD10,300 to approximately HKD15,300, that's a very good deal. With the built-in Bluetooth option you can take advantage of Apple's Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and with the built-in WiFi (802.11g/b) you will not have any wires to the iMac accept for the power cord.
If anyone wants a low cost machine this is definitely the one to consider; particular for those who do not need the convenience and portability of a notebook.