It has only been two weeks since the release of iPhone firmware 3.0 and Apple has already released the first beta version of firmware 3.1 to its developers. The folks at QuickPWN.com has some details on what's new in iPhone firmware 3.1 so far:
- The baseband has been updated to 5.08.01 - Ultrasn0w users should not use the iPhone OS 3.1 beta, otherwise their iPhones could be permanently locked!
- iPhone 3GS - When you’re trimming your videos you now have the option of saving the original video by tapping the “Save as copy” button.
- Voice Control is finally working over bluetooth now!
- When you move your icons around the iPhone vibrates
- MMS is enabled by default but does not work for AT&T users
- The AT&T profile is updated to 4.2
- Improvements to OpenGL and Quartz
- There’s now a VideoEditorController API - Allows third party apps to call up video editing UI
- Video picker API
I personally do not know of any significant reasons for jailbreaking the iPhone. If Apple's cat-and-mouse with the iPhone Dev Team continues, there's even less reasons to do so.