In anticipation of Steve Jobs' keynote at the MacWorld San Francisco tomorrow Jan. 9, 09:00 - 11:00 PST, I like to share the features of my ultimate phone to have. This is a list that I had be composing for some time and building upon.
Here are the features in reverse priority: (with 1 being the lowest priority)
- at least 2M - 3M pixels camera with digital zoom and true flash
- QWERTY keyboard or an easy and intuitive method of entering large quantity of text (ie. Email bodies, etc.)
- supports WiFi (802.11b/g/n) and upgradeable to WiMAX (802.16e)
- at least dual mode: UMTS (3G or WCDMA) and GSM, support with the standard tri-band UMTS (850/1900/2100MHz) and quad-band GSM (850/900/1800/1900MHz)
- supports GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA and upgradeable to 7.2 Mbps HSDPA
- minimum display size of 2.8" with a pixel dimensions of 320 x 240 pixels at 32bit colours
- 12mm or less thickness
- supports POP, IMAP, SMTP protocols and Blackberry Connect
- standard PIM applications: Address Book (including multiple phone numbers, email addresses, and web address, Photo ID would be nice), Calendar
- synchronization with Apple's iLife suite (iCal, Address Book, Mail, etc.) via Apple's iSync software
The ultimate and most desirable feature would be "to have the Apple user experience in its interface".
Will Steve Jobs make my dream come true on Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2007? We will just have to wait and see.